SAFETY PROGRAM OVERVIEW
One of Shallow Ford Construction’s core values is to provide a safe and healthy workplace for our employees, subcontractors, general public and the environment. Not only is accident and injury prevention vital to the well being of our employees, subcontractors and the general public, it is essential for controlling our costs enabling us to continue as a viable, profitable company.
It is our policy to:
- Pre-plan all of our work from a safety and health standpoint.
- Comply with all applicable federal and local governmental regulations.
- Follow all client safety requirements.
- Take expedient action to correct any unsafe conditions on a jobsite.
- Promote safety awareness to our employees, vendors, subcontractors and clients.
- Provide the training and resources to support accident reduction techniques.
- Hold each employee accountable for his or her individual responsibility to work safely.
We recognize that more than personnel safety is involved. Safety hazards symbolize a wasteful, inefficient operation. Accidents increase costs, interfere with work and cause complaints, dissatisfaction and loss of good will.
Our employees are trained to understand that safety is not something that we do in addition to our work; but rather, it is how we do the work.
Each employee is expected to use their training, common sense and intelligence in selecting safe methods and practices for performing their work.
To accomplish this goal, each employee of Shallow Ford Construction is responsible for ensuring that:
- Working conditions are maintained neat, clean and safe.
- Equipment, tools and machines are properly maintained and in good repair.
- All employees are trained in safe work methods.
- Hazardous and potentially hazardous conditions are reported immediately to the proper responsible person so that corrective action can be taken.
- We comply with governmental and client established requirements regarding accident prevention and safe working conditions.
The success of an accident prevention program depends on the sincere, constant and cooperative effort of everyone in the company. We demand that every employee take seriously the matter of accident prevention and give active support to the company’s safety program. The safety culture that we have developed encourages our employees to watch out for themselves and one another.
Shallow Ford Construction is proud to have been the recipient of US Army Corp of Engineers, Fort Worth District, Operation Reward Safety Certificate of Achievement on multiple occasions. The USACE commends and recognizes contractors for providing a safe work place for craftsman, contractor personnel and Government personnel as an endeavor that requires considerable attention and effort